idea for new setting

Cunibon

Posted · idea for new setting

Hey i just watched the 3dprinting nerds video on MRRF and Nerys told us about how he made his giant joel bot and he mentioned that he used bambo sticks to give the model more support so it would move as much the higher it got so i thought instead of using bambo sticks you could use some more or less 3D filament sticks which would help the print to be more stable it would ne to have some mass to it though because other wise it would start to shake as well. so to kind of counter act that i thought that it  would be kind of a good idea that the sticks would be tangent to more or less build up they would need to be placed so that the long side would be diagonal to the moving of the building platform. i hope my screenshot kind of shows how i would imagine it. of course im not an expert so i dont know if this idea is in anyway any good or possible. just wanted to put it out there

Neue Bitmap.png

Seems like someone who does not model things had to create a work around. I would just add the parts in the model itself to place them directly and let the printer put what it needs in there to shore it up. Many people do this by making their own supports. @geert_2 has a great method of doing this with a lot of screen caps that illustrate his design method.

I am not sure what you mean by "User Friendliness". I do not understand how their work around is user friendly. I guess for me the idea of user friendly in this case would mean not having to guess where things are going to go, do offsets or baby sit the file to put stuff in the build area. Just walk away and forget it.