Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
tonycstech

Please add retraction options

Retraction needs help.

I need retraction on on every wall, inner and outer for quality reasons.

I understand there is an option to [Retract before outer wall] but no option to retract before inner wall. Both walls are equally important for printing small details on the very first layer.

For example: I print words on first layer having them faced down.

If there is no retraction, letters are all messed up.

I also understand that there is option to [Minimum travel]. This option is good and it does help, HOW EVER, i dont need such short distance travel on any fuhrer layers (except for last few that make up the shell. Especially the very top.)

Need option to disable retraction on all layers except for bottom/top shells (those need retraction)

Maybe there is a plugin that can help me ?

By the way is there a plugin to SHOW retractions so i can see them before i start printing 8hr job ?

Old CURA did show retractions. New one does not.

Old Cura had plugin called Retract While Combing.

It has option to retract on 1st and last layer (very good) which solves the problem partially.

It does not let me chose to make it work on every layer for top/bottom shell, only for the very bottom and the very top.

Edited by tonycstech

Yeah. This is as good as DLP/SLA printing these days.

One software for fixing the model.

Another for hollowing it (so it wont print solid object)

Another to add support

Another to slice

And another loaded into the printer its self to print.

Great !