Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
JohnK

UM3 Stuttering on circles

Trying to print an cylinder sliced with cura (happens with both with 3.3.0 and 3.2.1) and the print head stutters a little while printing the circles, it almost even pauses for a split second. This is causing the surface to have little blobs on it.

After doing a bit of reading, I've found that the Marlin firmware does this with very high resolution circles / curves.

I have exported the STL at a quite high resolution from solidworks which is something I've always done.

What I don't understand is, why when slicing the same model with Simplify3D, the printer doesn't do this, what is the slicer doing differently that stops this from happening ?

I'd much rather use Cura so would like to know if there is something I can do to help with this.

Thanks

Edited by JohnK

I also spotted the error and started the following topic. 

On 14.4.2018 at 5:09 PM, JohnK said:

I'd much rather use Cura so would like to know if there is something I can do to help with this.

For now it seems like you can only increase the maximum resolution, export your stl files at medium resolution or print slower. 

I hope Ultimaker will do something about this rather soon :fingerscrossed:

5 hours ago, cjs said:

I also spotted the error and started the following topic. 

For now it seems like you can only increase the maximum resolution, export your stl files at medium resolution or print slower. 

I hope Ultimaker will do something about this rather soon :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for that, much appreciated :)