UM3 flow rate affects both extruders

rebekah_harper

Posted · UM3 flow rate affects both extruders

Hiya, 

i have found when I change the flow rate for one of the extruders though the printers menu whilst printing it changes the other extruder too. 

A right pain, will this be addressed?

many thanks

Bex

It's intentional. There was another thread, which I currently can't find. @Daid, which I think is the head firmware developer at Ultimaker HQ, said that this was by design. Cant remember the reason :|  

Why do you want to change the flow rate anyway? Personally I'm not a big fan of those live adjustments. I would do some tests before and change the flow in Cura according to your material. 

There is no UX reason. It's actually tracked as a bug in our system. The reason is legacy, we are still building on top of the old Marlin which does not support flow rate per extruder. Priorities prevented it from fixing it so far.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daid said:

we are still building on top of the old Marlin which does not support flow rate per extruder

Does this affect the actual flow rate set in Cura on a per extruder basis? Or does it behave as if adjusting on the machine?

On the machine it behaves like that. Cura has a good flow rate per extruder (pretty much a requirement for perfect dual material prints)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daid said:

On the machine it behaves like that. Cura has a good flow rate per extruder (pretty much a requirement for perfect dual material prints)

Thank you for clarification! I would have thought so, but wanted to make sure. :)