What should I do? Cura inner wall

ajiaoooooooo

Posted · What should I do? Cura inner wall

I am a beginner of Cura. I used to use S3D before. Today I have a problem and I want to ask you teachers. I want to print the product with Cura vase mode, I use the 5 layers, but every two layers is different, and I don't understand why the second layer is fourth layers with the inner wall, and the first, third, fifth is not, why is the inner layer five, not the three layer? Two layers? Or something else? And can I let the inner wall disappear, as is the print mode on the first floor? What should I do? Look forward to the help of your teachers. Thank you!

QQ截图20180424052714.jpg

Look at your model in xray view to see if there are any red spots - that would explain the problem - it might be that the vase has a double bottom (extra inner layers).  For example when you merge two parts together and cad doesn't merge them properly and they are still 2 separate objects.

In vase/cup mode cura tries to water proof the cup by adding a really good connection between the seam where the wall of the cup meets the bottom of the cup.  Cura may be confused about where the bottom of the vase ends.

Hi @ajiaoooooooo, I think those layers are OK, as @gr5 says, Cura tries to make the bottom of the spiralized object (let's call it a vase!) waterproof and that's how it does it. I can vouch for the effectiveness of that technique as I have several vases printed in PETG that are completely waterproof.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:03 PM, gr5 said:

在xray视图中查看你的模型,看看是否有红点 - 这可以解释问题 - 可能是花瓶有双层底(额外的内层)。例如,当您将两个部分合并在一起时,cad不能正确合并它们,并且它们仍然是2个独立的对象。

在花瓶/杯子模式下,cura试图通过在杯子的壁与杯子的底部相接的接缝之间增加一个非常好的连接来防水。Cura可能会对花瓶底部结束的位置感到困惑。

Thank you for your analysis. I didn't see the red dot under xray, but I already understand what you mean, but I still hope that Cura can improve the program and make this feature more user-friendly. After all, this increases the printing time. Or maybe we can have more choices. thank you!

On 4/24/2018 at 9:26 PM, smartavionics said:

Hi @ajiaoooooooo,我认为这些图层是可以的,正如@ gr5所说,Cura试图让螺旋化物体的底部(我们称之为花瓶!)防水,这就是它的作用。我可以证明这种技术的有效性,因为我有几款PETG打印的完全防水的花瓶。

Thank you for your reply, but the vase I'm printing now is leaking, so I want to print it on the ground. The green circular wall doesn't feel so good. I'll try to print the waterproof floor. thank you!