Color scheme

Martini

Posted · Color scheme

Using Cura 3.3.1, I've enabled adaptive layer height:

image.png.31c31e0a04cf4c38d69cb08d93a4ae2e.png

Surprised I can't display the layer heights with a color scheme in the layer view:

image.png.ad0a2ef6e8118aed71b1e943084bdade.png

For the record, I was hoping I'd see something like this (that's 3.2.1 from YouTube):

Image result for cura layer height adaptive

Posted · Color scheme

This is a known problem.  I forget if you need to install the latest openGL drivers or the latest drivers for you graphics card or you have to get a whole new graphics card.  But it's one of those three things.  If opengl doesn't support a feature needed to display adaptive layers then the option for viewing this is completely removed from the color scheme drop down.

Posted · Color scheme
    13 hours ago, berndjm said:

You have enabled the so called "Compatibility Mode".

Check this under "Preferences" "General" "Viewport behavior" ...

Auswahl_017.png.4c2149b21640abc5b1b14c6d7e088c3e.png

I just did (and restarted), it's no bueno:

image.thumb.png.5bf8daee2edc810491b138f57287a9c5.png

I'm surprised something so simple can't be displayed on an "old" computer (Core i5 ultrabook from 5 years ago). And I can't update the drivers.

Can I suggest the developers to implement a "manual" mode, then? Since I can't see what the program is doing, I'd rather tell it to be precise on the first ten layers (just an example) and coarse on the rest.