Colorfabb nGen LUX Diamond Black, failed prints

emilio2

Posted · Colorfabb nGen LUX Diamond Black, failed prints

Hi everybody.

I have been trying to print "something" with Colorfabb nGen LUX Diamond Black in my UM2+ without much success so far.

I have tried several nozzle temperatures, from 210 to 240, and several  printing speeds and layer height.

The major problem I see are large spots here and there, poor adhesion and, apparently, not enough filament feed.

The feeder on the back on the printer jumps often when using this filament. I have checked it and looks fine (it does not jump with other filaments).

The filament is oily to the touch, so I believe this might be the reason for feeder jumping.  

Has anyone tried this filament with success on UM2/UM2+?  If so, which setting have you used?

E.

Hi, i have tried it on a um2+. I used the recommended settings. I dont know them by heart but it should be around 220c also it needs lower fans like 25 to 50%

I'm the same as Didier, I have printed with this filament and used the recommended colorFabb settings without any real problems. My main issue was ensuring that the material didn't warp on the buildplate, so I had to make sure I had a good, even adhesive layer on the glass before printing with it.

An example of the parts that I printed with it are attached.

If you suspect it could be due to the oiliness of the material then make sure first that the knurled drive wheel in the feeder is clean and free from any clogging, and maybe also play with increasing the pressure of this wheel onto the filament using the adjuster screw on the feeder.  

nGen Lux1.jpg

Lowering fan speed did the trick. The printed parts have a very nice finish but i have found them to be not so strong, despite using 80% infill. I can crack 3mm walls easily.

if you have an UM2+ please try the following;

use the default CPE profile

change the temperature to 245

change the bed temp to 90

your prints should come out beautiful

if they are not strong enough, raise the printing temp to 250 or even 255.

Someone made a review on their website :

Not really black
    Quality

Very bling bling but not really that black. I also seem to be getting different colors from the very same roll, with the same gcode, in same ambient temps and such. Bad patch maybe?

NOTE: there might be some wrong information on the suggested printing temperatures for this filament. 220-240C is really too low. Also, the box I got the roll in had a sticker with suggestion of 250-280C (and bed 100-120C!).

Review by JTa (Posted on 7/5/2019)

So raising printing T° to 250°C and bed at 95°C