Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Gramps50

Cura 3.3.1 Linux

Downloaded the Appimage, moved it to my Home directory, made it executable. When I click on it the black Cura screen appears, show loading various modules, gets to initializing interface sits there for a few seconds, the black box disappears and that is as far as it gets.

Thought possibly I had a bad download so I deleted it and download it again same results

Here's the output from trying to run it from the terminal

~ $ ./Cura-3.3.1.AppImage
QApplication: invalid style override passed, ignoring it.
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 80: saw unknown, expected number
qml: TableViewSelection: index out of range
 ~ $

Here's the output if I run 3.2.1 in a terminal except the app actually starts and runs

~ $ ./Cura-3.2.1.AppImage
QApplication: invalid style override passed, ignoring it.
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 80: saw unknown, expected number

o.k. these messages seems to be "normal" - get the same here (Linux Mint 18.3) but it runs as expected.

Only out of curiosity what Linux do you use?

Also have a look in your homefolder for the hidden folder .local/share/cura

there should be the files stderr.log and stdout.log and a folder 3.3 with a file cura.log inside.

Maybe in these files is a hint what's going wrong ...

Didn't realize that was there, according to the log it has something to do with my printer configuration or at least that is the way I read it.

If I rename the /local/share/cura directory and then tried to start 3.3.1 it will then start as brand new asking to add printer. I have a PowerSpec Duplicator i3 Plus which is a rebranded Wanhaeo Duplicator i3 Plus as popular as the Wanhaeo printers are I am surprised it's not listed.

Oh am using LinuxMint 18.3 64 bit

cura.log