Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
DaveOB

Remember, store or set default folders

I like to save my Project files to a specific folder, my stl files for opening are in a different folder, and I 'Save to file' the gCode files to a third folder.

Is there no way in Cura to set the defaults for these 3 locations without having to manually change every time ?

8 hours ago, JCD said:

If your folders are always the same, put a shortcut for each one in the 3 different folders.

So with one doubble click you jump in the right place !!!

@JCD that is almost the perfect solution.
Only problem is I always have my folders arranged in 'date modified' order so that the most recent files are always at the top.

Maybe I need to run a small script when staring the pc that recreates those shortcuts, so they always near the top of the list.

Update : solved the position issue : changed the system time to year 2099 and then created the shortcuts. Then changed system time back to internet sync time. Now the file have a timestamp of 81 years from now, so hope at 135 years old, I'll be able to remember why they suddenly move position in the list.

Edited by DaveOB