Marlin going crazy?

Daid

Posted · Marlin going crazy?

I experienced something quite odd yesterday, I was printing, and suddenly my printing speed increased to insane. I had to abort the print because it caused the filament drive to grind into the filament. But I wouldn't be surprised if the print was happening at my travel speed of 300mm/s.

I tried starting another print, but it was still going at insane speeds, I had to reset the machine before it worked normal again.

Anyone else ever experienced anything like this? I was printing with RepG with the realtime control window open. I printed the same GCode with no problems after the reset.

was there maybe a gcode m220 in the file...?! that sets the the speed in some marlin versions

I'll check, I did do the print from "Slic3r" before this print. Might be related, so I'll check that GCode.

Ok, more info. It's related to the realtime control feature from RepG. Once I click that panel open it goes all crazy. Not sure if RepG sends a M-code at that point, but it goes crazy, even if I put the speed down to 10% it goes crazy fast. It's only sending F180 at that point, which should be crazy slow.

The strange thing is, the realtime control worked fine before...

Hi All!

I experienced the same behaviour with marlin (9f57cdd and 0ad9779). Every time I open the realtime-panel (RepG25/RepG26alpha, MacOSX) the printer behaves crazy at crazy speeds! I tried this several times and actually I can't use the realtime controls. Also lowering the value to low values (10%) has no effect......

Best regards,

Toni

I concur with the realtime panel bug. Its really annoying as you open it when you worry about your print, and this bug start to kill your print from then on... :(

Marlin version is the latest one from Bernhards github. (used tortoisegit to update)