Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Harry Plotter

Trying to find a solution to printing with PC and support

Hi there,

I use the UM3ext. for 6 month now and I am quite satisfied with the prints. Now I tried to print a cover that I drew on Mechanical in "PC" in conjunction to "PVA"... bad thing! I now know that this is a no go and that it will not stick together.

Anyhow in order to beeing able to process a 3D-Type Object that is starting on different hights (Z-axis) I wonder what I could use instead.

Does anyone ever tried to use another filament (for examble TPU as a support instead of the PVA that is producing nonsense results?

If nothing is working, does Cura have an app that would calculate a removable support that I could add instead of the PVA?

Maybe some of you did encounter some similar problems before...

I will leave you with a picture of the object I want to print... would be great if you would have a solution to that, because the PC will be washable in dishwashers, too without turning into indifferential ART...

Greetings and a nice upcomming weekend to all of you!

Daniel

Deckel Saft City 2.stl