Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
LePaul

Machine control in Cura

Maybe this is a wish list item...but maybe it's buried in there....

I was curious if there is a way to communicate with the printer, like a terminal window, jog commands, move bed up, down, manually control temps, etc in Cura ....or being developed?

Usually when I am doing things like a PID Autotune...or whenever I need to enter in commands, I wind up using Pronterface, S3D's machine window or via Octoprint's terminal tab.

Thanks!

Edited by LePaul
  • Like 1

You have Cura Connect, which allows you to do that and manage your whole network of printers if you have several of them. I don't personally use it, so I cannot tell you much about it.

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't tried Cura Connect.  I had a friend asking about software to do these things like the machine control panel in S3D, Pronterface, etc....he doesn't have those but he does have Cura.  I didn't know if Cura might have something tucked away in the various versions...or maybe it's on the Coming Soon list?  It's very handy to send commands to your printer, etc.

Agree with LePaul. People want to control it from Cura as we're doing it with Repetier Host, Pronterface or Simplify3D!

The new preheat and Gcode send tab it is really insufficient. We need a configurable movement jog (capable to invert directions), layer fan level, flow rate, speed, stop motors...

At least for me, its a must to leave others hosts/slicers.

• Like 1

Well they shot it down quickly...which is really quite unfortunate.  

I hope others comment on this...because for other printers, it's very useful.  

image.thumb.png.b3a39d2cf2c3a792fe8bab5382abc477.png

Edited by LePaul