pycharm project can't start up Cura Interface

TK_HPU

Posted · pycharm project can't start up Cura Interface

On Windows10.

There are some errors, such as:

ERROR - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [391]: Plugin UFPWriter did not return any objects to register

ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:   File "C:\TK\Cura3.3\Uranium-3.3\UM\Settings\ContainerRegistry.py", line 178, in findContainers
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:     new_container = provider.loadContainer(metadata["id"])
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:   File "C:\TK\Cura3.3\Uranium-3.3\UM\..\plugins\LocalContainerProvider\LocalContainerProvider.py", line 63, in loadContainer
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:     container.deserialize(f.read())
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:   File "C:\TK\Cura3.3\Cura-3.3\cura\Settings\ExtruderStack.py", line 138, in deserialize
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:     super().deserialize(contents, file_name)
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:   File "C:\TK\Cura3.3\Cura-3.3\cura\Settings\CuraContainerStack.py", line 255, in deserialize
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:     super().deserialize(contents, file_name)
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:   File "C:\TK\Cura3.3\Uranium-3.3\UM\Settings\ContainerStack.py", line 378, in deserialize
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]:     raise Exception("When trying to deserialize %s, we received an unknown ID (%s) for container" % (self.getId(), container_id))
ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [85]: Exception: When trying to deserialize ultimaker3_extruder_left #2, we received an unknown ID (generic_pla_ultimaker3_AA_0.4) for container

How to figure it?

Here is my screenshot of my pycharm project and the error.

error.png

36 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

Did you clone the fdmmaterials repository into resources/materials?

Thanks for your help, there is no materials folder in the path"Cura/resources", I make a director named materials just now and clone the fdm_materials into /Cura/resources/materials, it does worked! Thank you so much!!!

But it still cannot run start up the interface, and here is the error:

"ERROR - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [391]: Plugin UFPWriter did not return any objects to register"

When it runs the User Agreement dialog, it will break down.

1255353384_UserAgreement.png.c0d95290166c113e9e3d5a0c2811dc47.png

Unless you want to write UFP files, you don’t need that plugin and you can ignore the error. I think a warning would be more appropriate there.

I think the UFPWriter plugin has a dependency on a repository named libCharon

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · pycharm project can't start up Cura Interface

Thank you.

Now I delete UFPWriter plugin, it have no error, but still crashed

Edited by TK_HPU

2 hours ago, ahoeben said:

In other words, if Cura crashes after the license agreement, that is not caused by this error.

There's no error now, but still crashed. 

Is there any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

What else do the logs say? What does the crash look like? Do you get a dialog, or does the application just “exit” to the desktop?

7 hours ago, ahoeben said:

What else do the logs say? What does the crash look like? Do you get a dialog, or does the application just “exit” to the desktop?

The log is all right, just as the attachment. 

When it run at the dialog "User Agreement", and then, it disappeared, not “exit” to the desktop.

Not any more dialog or notes/tips.

I debug here when it crashed, just as the following screenshot.

crashedHere.thumb.png.881ddad792173dea2fddb8dd0ab6d7eb.png

cura.log

And there is no stderr.log or stdout.log under the AppData\Local\cura path.

noLog.png.53c76f9227e49789258c3929510ea45d.png

10 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Thank you so much.

My project is in the VMware workstation windows10. 

I doubt the virtual environment called this problem, and I have abandon the virtual environment.

Using a new PC, the project work well, there is no crash any more.

Thanks a lot.

I run Cura from source on a Ubuntu VM just fine, but have no experience with a Windows 10 VM. Good to hear you got it running.

1 hour ago, ahoeben said:

I run Cura from source on a Ubuntu VM just fine, but have no experience with a Windows 10 VM. Good to hear you got it running.

However, it still crashed, it crashed during the dialog "Connect to Networked Printer" is showing. just as the screenshot:

alsoCrash.thumb.png.e4efb75dd2aeea1a76cdf2b422600616.png

Also, there is no error in the log file. 

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

cura.log

What version of PyQt do you use? use pyqt 5.8, and so do the official builds AFAIK.

45 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

What version of PyQt do you use? use pyqt 5.8, and so do the official builds AFAIK.

Really it worked!!!!

The PyQt is v5.7, I update to 5.8, the cura mainwindow can show up.

I appreciate your help.