Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
qabas

problem in printer part

the ultimaker 3 extended .

the big part start ok but at the end i do not know the problem . I try to increase the tension of the spring to tight the filament but same problem.

second problem is the under extrusion there is no problem with nozzle and the filament is new. 

give me your suggestion..

thanks in advance

PHOTO-2018-06-28-08-07-14.jpg

PHOTO-2018-06-30-12-21-45.jpg

IMG-6184.JPG

Hi,

it looks like there are lots kg retractions at the Top of the Building. Try to increase the extra Prime amount After retraction. 

Also Check if the filament je ground down by the Feeder. That ground down Area causes underextrusion as soon as it gets to the hotend.

Next Tipp would be lowering the Speed.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:08 PM, DF-Werkzeugservice said:

Hi,

it looks like there are lots kg retractions at the Top of the Building. Try to increase the extra Prime amount After retraction. 

Also Check if the filament je ground down by the Feeder. That ground down Area causes underextrusion as soon as it gets to the hotend.

Next Tipp would be lowering the Speed.

the design is ok there is no kg of retractions at the top because i printed same part in other printer and it was very nice.Also the speed is suitable .

it could be problem in filament down by the feeder.

but do you expect other reason ??

thank you very much

Sorry, typo i meant 'Lots of retractions'. The Problem i described has nothing to do with the gcode, it can appear differently on each Printer.

Imagine After each retraction the filament gets fed forward .01 mm to less. At the first couple of retractions you won't recognize that. But it sums up over the time and especially at the Top of your model, where there are many Details like little islands in the layer, the quote of retractions in Relation to the printed area rises extremely. So this little mistake sums up until you suffer from recognizable underextrusion.

In the setting 'extra prime amount After retraction' (or similar) you can set a length that the filament gets additional fed forward after the retraction. I would start with .1 mm and lower that if you suffer from blobs.