Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Tmirante

extension working in 3.2 not working in 3.3

yes i have the answer but i don't understand reason . what is changed in the object ??????

2018-07-11 18:14:48,582 - INFO - [MainThread] cura.Machines.MachineErrorChecker._setResult [181]: Error check finished, result = False, time = 2.9s
2018-07-11 18:14:49,082 - DEBUG - [MainThread] CuraEngineBackend.CuraEngineBackend.slice [210]: Starting to slice...
2018-07-11 18:14:49,082 - DEBUG - [MainThread] CuraEngineBackend.CuraEngineBackend.slice [227]: Going to slice build plate [0]!
2018-07-11 18:14:49,082 - DEBUG - [MainThread] CuraEngineBackend.CuraEngineBackend.slice [235]: Build plate 0 has no objects to be sliced, skipping
2018-07-11 18:14:52,540 - DEBUG - [Thread-7] USBPrinting.AutoDetectBaudJob.run [37]: Checking COM11 if baud rate 250000 works
2018-07-11 18:14:54,062 - WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtApplication.__onQmlWarning [277]: file:///C:/Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 3.3/resources/qml/SidebarHeader.qml:20: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
2018-07-11 18:14:54,417 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [66]: An uncaught error has occurred!
2018-07-11 18:14:54,419 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [69]: Traceback (most recent call last):
2018-07-11 18:14:54,420 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [69]:   File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\UM\Qt\Bindings\ExtensionModel.py", line 51, in subMenuTriggered
2018-07-11 18:14:54,421 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [69]:   File "X:\3.3\build\inst\lib\python3.5\site-packages\UM\Extension.py", line 38, in activateMenuItem
2018-07-11 18:14:54,422 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [69]:   File "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 3.3\plugins\BedlevelPlugin\BedLevelMachineAction.py", line 133, in startBedLeveling

2018-07-11 18:14:54,423 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [69]:     printer_output_devices[0].moveHead(0, 0, 10)
2018-07-11 18:14:54,425 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [69]: AttributeError: 'USBPrinterOutputDevice' object has no attribute 'moveHead'
2018-07-11 18:15:07,514 - DEBUG - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry._savePluginData [122]: Saving plugin data to file 'C:\Users\tommy\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.3\plugins.json'
2018-07-11 18:15:07,514 - INFO - [MainThread] UM.PluginRegistry.loadPlugin [404]: Loaded plugin FileLogger

A lot changed between Cura 3.2 and Cura 3.3:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/compare/3.2...3.3#diff-1ffa6abbfcca423f5309011d0cce73ee

Specifically for your plugin, moveHead (and other jogging functionality) was moved from the outputdevice to a "controller".

Best you can do is look again at the Ultimaker BedLevelMachineAction and see how it has changed.

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/blob/3.3/plugins/UltimakerMachineActions/BedLevelMachineAction.py

So for example, instead of calling moveHead on printer_output_devices[0] you have to call it on printer_output_devices[0].activePrinter. There may be other changes required.

Making plugins requires ongoing work to keep up with changes in Cura.

Updated version ( there was an error in last i sent) i did changings according to new methods of printers changing but when i do testing extension not appears in menu ,If i load old version i modified instead it appers , hard job!!!!  attached new  NOT visible on Menu version. only the calling to printers and commands  was changed .  i continue analisys . on log i find this error 

2018-07-16 12:22:11,177 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Qt.Bindings.PluginsModel._update [63]: BedlevelPlugin is missing a plugin metadata entry

????????? if i load the old version with the same name it appear

i think the error is here ibut i don't know why 

def _getPrinterOutputDevices(self) -> List[PrinterOutputDevice]:
    return [printer_output_device for printer_output_device in Application.getInstance().getOutputDeviceManager().getOutputDevices() if isinstance(printer_output_device, PrinterOutputDevice)]

this list is not seen internally to the class i think for the" ->" sign

BedlevelPlugin (2).zip

Edited by Tmirante

On 7/16/2018 at 12:16 PM, Tmirante said:

Updated version ( there was an error in last i sent) i did changings according to new methods of printers changing but when i do testing extension not appears in menu ,If i load old version i modified instead it appers , hard job!!!!  attached new  NOT visible on Menu version. only the calling to printers and commands  was changed .  i continue analisys . on log i find this error 

2018-07-16 12:22:11,177 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Qt.Bindings.PluginsModel._update [63]: BedlevelPlugin is missing a plugin metadata entry

????????? if i load the old version with the same name it appear

i think the error is here ibut i don't know why 

return [printer_output_device for printer_output_device in Application.getInstance().getOutputDeviceManager().getOutputDevices() if isinstance(printer_output_device, PrinterOutputDevice)]

this list is not seen internally to the class i think for the" ->" sign

BedlevelPlugin (2).zip

ok boys let me say that installation of cura actually is a BLOB. I installed my plugin on 3.4 and it seems to work . I have no answers, i removed 3.3 version. i see that there is a problemi in installation about missing plugin metadata entry and to solve is required reinstall erasing appdata. i don't know if it is real may be somebody knows  

Edited by Tmirante

19 hours ago, Tmirante said:

ok boys let me say that installation of cura actually is a BLOB. I installed my plugin on 3.4 and it seems to work . I have no answers, i removed 3.3 version. i see that there is a problemi in installation about missing plugin metadata entry and to solve is required reinstall erasing appdata. i don't know if it is real may be somebody knows  

any hint appreciated

ok new test made as ahoeben said to do but at the row in the plugin when i add  -> List[PrinterOutputDevice]: the plugin stop to appear in menu as there is an error , if a get out -> List[PrinterOutputDevice]: it is right may you help me to understand what -> List[PrinterOutputDevice]: means and why there wasn't in previous versions?????