sthacher

Pause a Print?

Posted · Pause a Print?

I have 5 hours left on a 40 print and my delivery of filament didn't show up today like it was supposed to. My question is How long can I realistically pause a print for on an Ulitimaker 3+?  Printing with PET-G and going amazing hope I don't have to start this one over. 

Posted · Pause a Print?

There are a lot of variables.

1. The buildplate will cool and this means that you run the risk of the print detaching or weakening its attachment--ergo, possible print knocked over when resuming printing.

2. Brand and material may play into this a bit....

Those are right off the top of my head.

Posted · Pause a Print?
28 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

There are a lot of variables.

1. The buildplate will cool and this means that you run the risk of the print detaching or weakening its attachment--ergo, possible print knocked over when resuming printing.

2. Brand and material may play into this a bit....

Those are right off the top of my head.

Well, I hit the end of the filament shortly after posting. So I should have the new rolls 24 hours from now so (same brand) I'm going to roll the dice. Build plate seems to be remaining at 80C an hour since pausing.

I'll post results.