Ultimaker 2+ grinding filament...bad TFT Coupler?

LePaul

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ grinding filament...bad TFT Coupler?

Has anyone experienced filament grinding from an old TFT?  

I have repeated grinding going on with my Ultimaker brand PLA using the default Cura/Ultimaker PLA settings recently.

I have repeatedly disassembled, cleaned with a brass brush and tooth brush the hobbed knob/feeder and removed all the debris.  I also see little pieces of debris in the Bowden I can't seem to remove.

I have the feeder tension at 3/4 (following documentation provided by Fabrc8)

I have several hundred hours on my UM2+ and all I can figure out is that there's some backpressure somewhere...my thoughts are replace the TFT and Bowden tube at this point.

But before doing so, I am curious if my "theory" is correct...bad TFT.

Check the bowden collets too. I had strange errors on my UM2 after some time because the collect had cut a groove into the bowden and was rocking back and forth and slowly getting pressed back.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys...I'll have to wait until pay day to order a replacement TFT and Bowden tube.  The TFT has hundreds of hours on it so that's my guess....