Cura 3.4.1 Versus Cura 3.0.4

Torgeir

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.4.1 Versus Cura 3.0.4

Hi Folks,

Just posted this one in a wrong place. ?

Just an observation about a dramatic different between the two versions of Cura, 3.0.4 and 3.4.1

I've been reading a little in here and just want to give some input about the 3.4.1 version of Cura.

I've a laptop that's have lots of strange behavior with this version, however version 3.0.4 run perfect and also the versions before this version, sure they run with some issues..

However with all versions after 3.0.4 they crash when you try to inspect the very first layer. IE. you can look at details all the way down to layer 2, but when going from 2 to layer 1 -will crash Cura.

Also everything became super slow from those late versions..

I'm just started to believe (?) that you changed the type of compiler -or something like that. It's kind of weird.  All version before and included Cura 3.0.4 is running fine, except for the known issues.

Anyway, I've added a few pictures and the log file.

The pictures is arranged two and two, the first picture is Cura and the second is the performance monitor. At the very end there is one picture of Cura 3.0.4 running with performance monitor in the right side. Loading of print object take 2.1 second and slicing 5.3 second, quite fast I'll said.

So there is a huge difference that I'll hope you folks can solve.

Picture Cura_1.jpg 

Cura_1.thumb.jpg.c8131519f8ce55bac34d9b4963656bea.jpg

Picture Cura_2.jpg 

Cura_2.thumb.jpg.5714cb89949d81ec2710622827790b86.jpg

Picture Cura_3.jpg 

Cura_3.thumb.jpg.637714f97ed93b81ba6e964374472654.jpg

Picture Cura_4.jpg 

Cura_4.thumb.jpg.404a0eab1a05fe7e546964d6c19ffcca.jpg

Picture Cura_5.jpg 

Cura_5.thumb.jpg.2a4c59583547a79ec486375c67c48e67.jpg

Picture Cura_6.jpg 

Cura_6.thumb.jpg.c675d08a9a6c7985764d059929d322c1.jpg

Log_File:

cura.log

Picture Cura_3.0.4.jpg handle first layer very well and no problem.

20180828_112038.thumb.jpg.a7ac2c9d170669263e948add23e8985c.jpg

I hope this may/can help some in this issue.

Thanks

Regards

Torgeir

Edited by Torgeir
Text edited.

Posted · Cura 3.4.1 Versus Cura 3.0.4

Hi,

the cura.log file you have attached - is this from the 3.4.1 version when it crashed in layer view? If not, I would close all cura applications, empty the cura.log file for 3.4.1, start it again and reproduce the crash, and then attach the new cura.log here again. If there are other .log files like stderr - please attach them too.

Posted · Cura 3.4.1 Versus Cura 3.0.4

Hi Nicolinux,

This is the actual log from Cura 3.4.1 related to the pictures in here.

I spent a whole day with this problem in order to find an improvement.

As this Laptop have a few applications, I'd made a re imaging of the whole registry and cleaned up a few issues but nothing changed in the way Cura 3.4.1 behave.

There is no other log file as "stderr", except that I Just registered that the cura log file was made by cura, then it stopped working. No excessive processor activity was noted either, just briefly when writing the cura log..

All this latter info is from the Resource Monitor Program, that I used in order trying to pinpoint this problem.

On this Laptop I've installed Cure 15.04.6, Cura 3.0.4 and Cura 3.4.1

Thanks

Regards

Torgeir.