Cura Missing Parts of the 3d Model

WEIRDAXE

Posted · Cura Missing Parts of the 3d Model

Hi,

for the last couple of days, I've been struggling with resolving a problem occurring with importing 3d models into Cura. Whenever I import a model it looks fine in the solid view but after slicing and looking at it in layer view whole parts of the model are missing. I've tried fixing the model but to no avail. This has never happened before and I don't know how to fix it. I would appreciate any help with fixing this issue. 

Thank you and cheers,

Matic

I hope it's visible but the whole lower half of the left (sword) hand is missing as well as some fingers and the neck piece.

image.thumb.png.ccc9fd22cf3c71f3ce478e192f3a0284.png

image.thumb.png.bbcb2faf3036a1a68f66fe6adbf9a258.png

image.thumb.png.470e229548fd6357057cc03c8c337ecc.png

image.thumb.png.f2403e2670338388f7820f168c7561bb.png

image.png

image.png

Posted · Cura Missing Parts of the 3d Model

Hi and welcome to the forums.

It looks like your model has a few errors. You can try to repair it with something like netFabb free or Meshlab.

Other than that, it may be that some features on the model are too thin for the nozzle size to be printed correctly. Check out the "print thin walls" option in Cura.

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 16.51.40.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 20 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies