Ultimaker 2 heated bed error

neo-ninja

Posted · Ultimaker 2 heated bed error

Hi All,

My UM2 heated bed has stopped working. It constantly says its 27C if i manually heat it up it wont go any higher.

I have:

resoldered the 4 pins to the heated bed - they all looked ok tbh though

Checked the board connections - no issues there.

I have checked the current running through the board to the heater no issue and also the current at the heated bed end and im getting a readout on all the pins so cant see an issue there.

I havent been rough with the machine at all, could it just be the heated bed has died? The printer has been running close to 10k hours.

3 hours ago, fbrc8-erin said:

What resistance do you get at the connection on the heated bed with a multimeter at room temperature?

Gosh i havent done resistance on a Multimeter since school. but i think 832ish

Sorry, I haven't logged on in a couple days. 832 sounds way off. Here are the points to measure:

1760619378_BedResistence.jpg.thumb.png.fa903f455fdef2ecc10d5f1e6e0c2764.png

2 hours ago, fbrc8-erin said:

Sorry, I haven't logged on in a couple days. 832 sounds way off. Here are the points to measure:

Oh no that wasnt a dig at you, i just remember a year or so ago you would get 5 replies to  question like this.

So i have a sneaking suspicion im using my multimeter wrong for measuring resistance. I will take a look at a guide. 

ok At A its a bit random it seems to fluctatute between no reading and around 109.4

At B i get nothing which seems strange?

at c i get very similar to A

That's a bit weird. It could be that the connection on the bed plate has gone out. To make sure I'm not missing any steps:

* When trying to heat, the button rotations are showing on the screen that temperature is being set (even though it's not reaching that temperature)?

* Is it giving you any sort of error message when you try to heat and it fails?

* Is there any sign that your Bed Heater Cable has the insulation caught in the green terminal block on the electronics board?

* Can you confirm that the Heater 2 and Temp 2 connections on the board are all empty?

* How long have you had your printer?

Answering your questions in order:

1.) The printer will start its warm up to get ready to print, but will never actually print as the bed isnt warming up. So i manually decided to see if i can change the bed temp. I can set it to higher but it will never get higher then a reading of 25-28 which seems a bit off anyway.

2.)No error

3.)No i think that all looks fine, at the weekend i can remove reseat the cables on the board

4.)yes

5.)Oh a long time, its a real work horse (it has been used for thousands of hours)

I just replaced the printbed in the end with a cheap one from china, works just as well as a legit one been using it for a few weeks. £10 instead of £100