Running Cura from command line

sneakersandgenes

Posted · Running Cura from command line

I'm looking to automate the slicing of some .stl files and have been trying to use CuraEngine. I keep getting:

[ERROR] Trying to retrieve unregistered setting with no value given: 'mesh_rotation_matrix'

The command (among other attempts) I have been using is 

CuraEngine slice -l path\to\stl\test.stl

My understanding is that if no settings .json is specified cura uses default values but this doesn't seem to work. 

Thanks

• 1 year later...
    Posted · Running Cura from command line

Hi, I want to create a database that contains the length, depth, width and the build estimation time of many stl. files (around 5000). Cura shows all these information after slicing.

Now I dont want to import each file and slice it manually. I want instead to automate the slicing process(possibly with a command line). If you have done this before @sneakersandgenes can u maybe help me with that.