Dual Extrusion - nozzle switch retraction problem

nikofant

Posted · Dual Extrusion - nozzle switch retraction problem

Hey! I'm new here.

I have a problem. I am using Cura 3.4.1 to use dual extrusion for my Creality CR-X, and I'm having trouble getting it to work. It has a single nozzle, and two extruders, so I need to retract one filament and make the other return to normal position. I put the Nozzle Switch Retraction distance to 90mm, and sure enough it retracts 90 mm when changing extruder, however it does not return the filament on the other side to the nozzle, and so it prints in mid-air until 90 mm later, where the filament returns. Is there a setting to make it return the filament? It worked in the bundled old version of cura (15.04.6) which came on the SD card, but there is no specific setting in there. It's just a "dual extrusion switch amount".

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

With the "expert" level activated in the Print Setup of Cura, expand the Material section and at the bottom should be "Nozzle Switch Retract Distance/Speed". You'll need to set the retraction distance for the switch nozzle function specifically and then select "Extruder 2" at the top and add those settings again to set it for both materials. It may be something else, but it sounds like that could be it if you're seeing it work for one and not the other. Good luck! -Brian

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was this issue resolved? I am have something similar. Mine seems to be that the extruder location is not being zeroed out when (or before) it switches extruders. It goes from E105 to E5 which would be considered a retraction.

• 2 years later...

Hello guys,

I have the same problem with Cura.

In fact the nozzle retracts properly according to startup Code for each extruder, but it doesn't take into account the "Nozzle Switch Retract Distance/Speed" in the settings ....

For purging also the behavior is strange and after first material change, the nozzle doesn't go to the purge tower and prints directly without purging, this makes the first layer results not so good ...