Ulitmaker 3 Extended - PVA not loading

Shirly

Posted · Ulitmaker 3 Extended - PVA not loading

Hi Everyone,

I had a similar query about a week or two ago and received some great tips which I tried but the problem still remains.

My issue is that when trying to feed the PVA, it will feed all the way down the tube but then stops before it reaches the print core and starts grinding, not able to move any further. The spool spool is loose and I have been there each time to check if it is getting stuck on anything.

The issue started with the PVA getting jammed in the feeder completely and me having to take the feeder apart to get it out. I was given the advice that the PVA might have had too much moisture so I dried it and it wouldnt feed through after this so then I tried a new roll of PVA and I am getting the same issue.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I have tried to clean the nozzle and make sure that it is not blocked and have ordered a new print core in case this is the issue but the PVA doesnt seem to be even getting that far for this to be the problem. I feel like it is getting jammed in the feeder itself.

Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies