Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
zephar

Cura 3.5 getting brittle 3d prints

I upgraded to 3.5 and at first I thought it was my printer. the prints come out like their missing filament and you can crush em in your hand like an eggshell. I dont get it exact same settings on 3.4 and the prints come out normal. (I did move my settings from 3.4 to the 3.5 would this have caused the issue?

Anyone else had this issue and know what I need to change on 3.5?

Thanks in advance and sorry not sure what details may be realevent to the issue I am having.

Did you get this issue resolved?

I am getting the exact same thing. I have a Prusa clone running Marlin. I have tried slicing on different workstations with different versions of Cura but get the same results. This started after re-calibrating my Extruder steps. It is 100% accurately calibrated. Other slicers work perfectly. I have tried adjusting the filament diameter on my printer profile in Cura but this does not resolve the issue.

Surely this must be firmware related, but why does other slicers work then?

Cura.jpg

Hi @zephar, thanks for the project file. I have loaded that and the layer view looks OK. I will print it on my printer (a different printer but I will use similar settings). Your machine settings are showing a filament diameter of 2.85. That is correct for your printer? If not, that's would explain what you are seeing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkilletZA said:

I do not want to hi-jack your thread, but maybe my issue can help resolve yours....

My configs attached.

ExtrusionIssue3MF.3mf

ExtrusionIssueGcode.gcode

ExtrusionIssue.curaprofile

Hi @SkilletZA, could you please save the project file (.3mf) and attach to this thread as that contains everything in one neat package. Thanks.

Edited by smartavionics

I get the same issues, I made a custom fdm printer with .4 nozzle  and 1.75 filament, I changed my filament to a custom 1.75 filament and when i do it tells me its not compatible. No matter where I change the filament size it still prints this way with 3.5. in 3.4.1 i change it and the side bar and all it good. I uninstalled all versions of cura and just reinstalled 3.5 (twice) using a custom printer with the correct settings and still get massive under extrusion. It won't even connect the lines on the first layer they are so thin.