Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
augusto

calibration problems

This came out pretty good. I see 3 problems:

1) Stringing - I think you have a little bit of stringing but really not much. I don't know if you can eliminate it with this filament (ultimaker gray) as I haven't tried but you might be able to. You would need to experiment with temperature and print out something simpler like two towers.

2) Piece moved. The Curved arc piece looks like it moved during printing. Probably it wasn't sticking well enough. Did you use blue tape? It's important to wipe the blue tape with isopropyl alcohol to remove the (nonsticky) waxes from the tape before using it. Also it's important to make sure the first layer is being squished into the tape. I'd like to see a photo of your first layer only.

3) holes in the inifill. The top of the flat areas have a pattern of small holes. This may be caused by slight underextrusion which can have many causes. A simple fix might be to increase the flow by 10%. But also if you look carefully every other trace is touching followed by a gap (touching - gap - touching - gap - touching - gap) this is in both diagonal directions which leaves you with holes. This is fixed by tightening the belts. Did you watch the video about tightening belts in the assembly instructions? Did you tighten the short belts (the ones to the stepper mototrs) also? It's actually caused by "play" which is rarely in the print head instead. You can feel play in the print head by pushing it around with your fingers and it may slip around by 1mm or so. Your play might only be in one axes (x or y) but I can't tell which axis from just this image.