Patrickl

Ultimaker 2(+) Can't get the bed level in the back

Posted · Ultimaker 2(+) Can't get the bed level in the back

I have an Ultimaker 2 that I upgraded to the 2+ version.

I have an issue that I cannot get the print bed correctly level at the back of the printer. On the left side the bed is slightly higher than on the right. With a spirit level it looks like it's a millimeter lower on the right compared to the left side. Unfortunately in the back there is only a screw in the middle for adjusting the height overall and not left and right individually.

So when I level the print bed I cannot go higher than where the print head is almost touching the bed on the back left side. This causes the print to stick extremely well on the back left while the first layer adhesion on the back right is still poor (because the print head is too far above the bed there).

The end result is that on the back left of the print I cannot remove the brim from the plate and on the back right I get warping (printing with ABS).

I most often print smaller objects and then it's not so much an issue, but I'm trying to print a bigger treasure chest for my daughter and that's just not coming out nice.

Is there a way to correctly orient the level of the back of the print bed where there is really only a screw for adjusting the height?

Well I cannot consider myself an expert on this particular point as I have never had the problem. But I have always considered that the level on the X axis is controlled by the two front screws - for the entire bed - and that that rear screw sets the level on the Y axis. Of course if you have a warped bed then I suspect you are stuffed with a 3 point levelling design.

Yeah it's weird. It should be level at the back since there is no way to tilt it there. 

Maybe I should try taking it apart and add a spacer in the back mount or something. Was hoping this is a common issue, but since I couldn't find it as such, I already worried that it wasn't.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2(+) Can't get the bed level in the back

I have the exact same Ultimaker (2 upgraded to 2+) and the exact same problem (back left higher than back right) and no way to level the back.   It causes my latest large print to fail every time.   Why oh why did they only put ONE adjustment in the back?   I hope someone at Ultimaker has ideas about how can we fix this.

Edited by MJHEED