Ultimaker Cura 3.5.1 No "Save As" option

tay916

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.5.1 No "Save As" option

I downloaded and installed Ultimaker Cura 3.5.1 however, I have no "Save As" option in the menu! There is only "Save", which wants to save to .3MF file. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm back to 3.4.1 and it's working fine. I think I'll stay with it until all the bugs are worked out of the new version. With that said, I can't believe that Ultimaker makes this software available to us free. I appreciate all the hard word work that goes into making this software. Thank you Ultimaker!

It's the button in the bottom right corner.  If it says "Prepare" then you have to hit that first.  There is a dropdown next to the button.  Change it to "Save to File".  Then click on the button itself.  It will do a "save as...".

Yes, I know it's weird.  I don't know why it's not in the file menu.

• Like 1

Oh wait.  It *is* in the file menu after you click "Prepare".  The difference is that auto-slice is disabled by default with the newer version of Cura.  You can re-enable auto slicing if you want.  It's in the preferences somewhere.

• Like 1