Printing in place

MlodySWDN

Posted · Printing in place

Hi all I've encountered a problem while printing in place, what it is I've been printing a fidget cube in pla with 0.4mm nozzle the first one came out fuzzed in some places so I decided to change the extrusion multiplier it worked but it created a different problem the pins that were printed vertically are looking good but the ones printed horizontally are too small/loose as shown on the pictures,  is there a way to adjust the extrusion for the different parts of the object or is there a setting I could change to avoid parts fuzzing while keeping the extrusion the same ? 

IMG_20181106_113322.jpg

IMG_20181106_113337.jpg

IMG_20181106_113417.jpg

IMG_20181106_113452.jpg

IMG_20181106_113504.jpg

The secret with small things in PLA is to go as cool as you can, lol I bet you can drop 5 if not 10/15 degrees and go as slow as you can. You may have to play with both parameters to find the sweet spot. And filament make/colour may play a part too although I have never really investigated that for this question - although for general use I know my best 2 or 3 filaments

On 11/7/2018 at 2:54 PM, yellowshark said:

The secret with small things in PLA is to go as cool as you can, lol I bet you can drop 5 if not 10/15 degrees and go as slow as you can. You may have to play with both parameters to find the sweet spot. And filament make/colour may play a part too although I have never really investigated that for this question - although for general use I know my best 2 or 3 filaments

Thanks for the reply I will try to print it again with lower temps, I was running it quite slow 30mm/s at 195 celsius,  this pla sticks to itself quite well even at 180  I will try higher temp at first layer and then drop the temp, thanks again