Perimeter Gaps at start

masterkey

Posted · Perimeter Gaps at start

Hello folks,

I have the problem that at the beginning of each perimeter too little material is extruded. This creates gaps between the perimeters. I print Janbex Filament white PLM with 1,75mm and a printing temperature of 190°C. An Anet A6 printer is used.
more settings in Cura 3.6.0:
Filament setting. 1,77mm (measured)
Layer high 0,2mm
Speed 30mm/sec
Flow 90% (with 100% it is not better)
Nozzle size 0,4
Wall thickness 0,8mm

I have searched a lot on the Internet, but I only find problems where the gap is always present. I have no idea why the gap is only at the beginning of a new line.

What could be the problem? And how can I solve it?

IMG_20181123_055342_LI.jpg

Posted · Perimeter Gaps at start

This is a pure guess but it could be your retraction settings, i.e. there is a retraction as you move from the square geometry walls to the circular geometry walls. Perhaps you extraction length is too long or your retraction prime speed is too slow. There is another setting "Retracton extra prime amount" which sounds as if it may help - I have never used it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies