Alfsoft

[Feature Request] Set profile material parameters automatically

Posted (edited) · [Feature Request] Set profile material parameters automatically

Hello. I am switching from S3D to Cura. Using v3.6 right now and I cannot understand what's the point of separate materials dropdown? I made my own materials in materials section - PLA and ABS. I set different tool and table temps for them accordingly. But when I select these materials they don't change any temperature values in profile settings sidebar. Am I missing something or is that a normal Cura behaviour?

Wouldn't it be great if there was a new "Mat" ("Mx", "Mt", "Mtrl", you name it) icon next to the "Fx" icon for some of profile fields? So when this "Mat" icon is active/checked and the user is changing material from materials dropdown, these fields could also change their values automatically. Printing and build plate temperatures, Flow percentage, Retraction values. At least these parameters can be changed with material changing BUT ONLY IF "Mat" icon is active for these fields in profile.

cura_materials_not_changing_temp.PNG

Edited by Alfsoft

Posted · [Feature Request] Set profile material parameters automatically

For me this works as intended when I pick a material it changes all the values for this material..

Maybe try to export and import the materials again?

Posted · [Feature Request] Set profile material parameters automatically

If you have set temperatures etc in a profile (Alf Profile 0.2), those will override what you set in the material.

Posted (edited) · [Feature Request] Set profile material parameters automatically

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I managed to solve my problem by exporting my profile, changing its extension to zip, extracting and editing its contents.

If you are interested in what I've changed so I simply deleted all the values in [values] section with "temperature" and "fan" keywords in them:

default_material_bed_temperature

default_material_print_temperature

material_final_print_temperature

material_initial_print_temperature
material_print_temperature

cool_fan_speed
cool_fan_speed_max

and one retraction parameter:

retraction_amount

Then I saved my files, zipped them and changed archive extension back to curaprofile. After profile import my temperature and retraction values are following material values! ☺️

But I still think this is some kind of a bug. Because I tried to set "0"s to temperature fields hoping that this could reset these fields' behaviour but that didn't work.

Edited by Alfsoft