Newsletters

SandervG

We generally send out a few different newsletters a month. 

Which? General Ultimaker newsletters, Cura newsletters and Community newsletters. If you usually receive the general Ultimaker newsletter and/or the Cura newsletter you should have received a special email about it yesterday.

Why? This is necessary because we're migrating our database to a new system and to be sure we wouldn't lose your registered consent / timestamp we asked again. There were also some small changes in our privacy policy. It's important to realize, if you don't click the link you won't receive any future General Ultimaker newsletters. 

The same goes for the Cura newsletter. Cura newsletters are usually sent when a new version of Cura is being released. When you downloaded Cura and filled out the corresponding form with your information, you can subscribe to this newsletter. If you usually receive the Cura newsletter, you should have also received this consent-request yesterday. And also, if you don't click the preferences link you won't get the Cura newsletter in the future. 

If you want to receive the Ultimaker newsletter? Please subscribe via this link 🙂

Finally, we also send monthly community newsletters. They contain a selection of the most popular topics and developments in this community. There was no need to ask for consent for this list, so no emails were sent out for this.

But if you don't get it automatically though. If you are part of this thriving community, and you also want to receive its newsletter? Follow this link and update your preferences 🙂

Please let me know below if you have any questions!

hmmm?

I didn't get an email yesterday and also no Cura newsletter in the past. But I am quite sure I filled out the form in the Cura download form. I have also checked the spam folder, nothing.

If you want to check it Sander, it's the same email as I use here for the forum. Otherwise, I will reregister on Monday when you have the forms in place.

Posted · Newsletters

I'll have a look. When you downloaded Cura, did you ever fill out the form with your information and check the checkbox at the bottom of the page where it says 'send me targeted information?'

I'll let you know, and in any case I will update my first post with a link to the form when I have it on Monday. 

Thank you for your feedback!

I believe I opted-out of every newsletter because that's essentially repeat information since I'm often on the forums. Will that be a problem?

As a side-note, this is something I appreciate with UM: you send the information through various channels and don't just rely on only one way of communicating with your customers and the community.

Posted (edited) · Newsletters
    16 minutes ago, SandervG said:

When you downloaded Cura, did you ever fill out the form with your information and check the checkbox at the bottom of the page where it says 'send me targeted information?'

I think so yes, but anyhow, I register again when the link is ready, do not put too much effort in this case. Thanks!

Edited by Smithy

Posted · Newsletters
    3 minutes ago, Brulti said:

I believe I opted-out of every newsletter because that's essentially repeat information since I'm often on the forums. Will that be a problem?

Of course not. A newsletter is just another channel to distribute information. If you already catch all information via our community, that is totally fine. 

One thing that I don't usually mention in community newsletters or on our community is customer success stories, which are often celebrated in the general Ultimaker newsletter. But that fully depends on if you are interested in reading them and how often you visit ultimaker.com looking for updates. 

Posted · Newsletters
    2 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I think so yes, but anyhow, I register again when the link is ready, do not put too much effort in this case. Thanks!

Ok, I just quickly checked (not much effort!) and you weren't in the database. I'll provide the link when I have it so you can register if you want to. 

Let this post also be an open invite to anyone who receives the community newsletter; What do you think of it?

I wrote a post about it before, in an attempt to get some feedback. My goal is to make an interesting newsletter for you, so if there is a segment or a type of information you would like to see added (or removed?), please let me know! With your feedback I can make it even more interesting to read. 

Thanks! 

Posted · Newsletters
    On 11/29/2018 at 2:53 PM, Smithy said:

I register again when the link is ready

The link is now added to the first post 🙂

Thanks a lot!