c0ryp1

part strength improvement

Posted · part strength improvement

hi guys i have printed these https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2987454 and am having a issue with strength. i have been gluing them back together everytime someone knocks them off the wall however im just wonering if there is a way to make the skin overlap walls by half of wall count as the way cura is printing right now leave no physical attachment between wall and skin

pictures attached as examples.

so each layer I want to alternate between 2 and 4 wall counts so the skin is fully trapped between layers. can someone tell me how to achive this

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

sorry just realized alternate extra wall setting does it only by 1 but ill see how it goes

That should print fine.  If it isn't then something is wrong with your printer.  Maybe you are underextruding or have some play/backlash in the head.  But to answer your question:

infill overlap.  Look that up.  But really you shouldn't have to mess with infill overlap.  Instead you should repair your printer.  Or maybe you are printing too cold (too viscous) or too fast.