Turn off model snaping to build platform.

mastory

Posted · Turn off model snaping to build platform.

Normally the model snapping to the build plate is a good thing.  I found a case where I want to suspend a item above the build plate for cooling purposes, and only print support in this area for most of the print.

How do I turn off the function of the model auto snapping to the build plate in CURA?  I have seen the option before, just can't find it.  I am running 3.4.1 atm.

Thanks

Found it.

Settings / Printer / Manage Printer / General / Automatically drop models to build plate

I see you responded as I was typing Smithy.  Thanks

• 2 years later...

FWIW when stacking multiple models, it'd be helpful if the "snap to build plate" option also would "snap to other models" e.g. drop model 2 on top of model 2 rather than all the way down to the build plate. 

Also, an option in the Move pop-out to enable/disable the snapping feature quickly so we don't have to go into preferences to toggle it on/off.