Under extrusion...

Dkdaigle

Posted · Under extrusion...

Every version of Cura since they removed the filament size in the side bar if I set up a custom printer I get massive underextrusion. It acts like I'm running 2.85mm filament no matter what I set it too. Works great if I grab a premade printer file with 1.75 filament, but my printer is duel extruders with a odd bed size. Will they ever fix this or put the ability to force the size to something back in the side bar? 

Posted (edited) · Under extrusion...

Did you set the filament size correctly both in the printer settings and in the materials manager? (Sidebar->Materials->manage materials)

Edited by P3D

Sure did, even generated a custom filament with the correct specs and it still won't print correctly. The line on the first layer lay down so thin they won't even touch each other. Switch to a cr10 profile and it works like it should. Something about the custom printer profile just doesn't work. I've tried 3.5, 3.51, 3.6 and the betas and usually end up uninstalling them and going back to 3.4.1 since I can force a different diamiter in the side bar. 

Very weird. The printer settings plugin is worth a try I think.

Will do

I have a dual extrusion CR-10, just made a profile from scratch when 3.6 came out and haven't had issues.

Not sure how I solved it.  I just have printer/extruder settings (both) at 1.75, as well as the materials.