KarlWKirchhofer

Strip out commenting in output code

Posted · Strip out commenting in output code

Hi,

I have put together a 3d printer that is operating off of CNC based software. The code that Cura puts out begins commenting with a ";". In the software I am using to run the machine the commenting starts with a "(" and ends with a ")". Is there a setting in CUra where I can change this? It looks like all the post processors comment similarly.

Thanks!

Karl

The only way to fix that would be to write a post processing script for the post processing plugin

Unfortunately, executing a postprocessing script adds... a comment to the gcode file to indicate that it has been postprocessed

Perhaps there is a setting that I missed when picking the flavor of gcode I am running that will eliminate the comments? Maybe being over optimistic but worth the time to ask. Thanks for the replies regardless!

Karl

No, there is no setting for this.

It would be fairly trivial (for someone who knows how to create plugins) to make a plugin that strips all comments before saving, but quite frankly I am starting to become a bit weary of writing plugins that I will never use myself and only benefit a handful of people. So, try to convince me it is worth my effort.

Thx. Ahoeben but no need! This  translator seems to work:

http://www.dynomotion.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_convert_a_milling_machine_to_a_3D_printer_in_3_easy_steps#GCode_Converter_Program_.28PostProccessExtruder.29

scroll down the page a little to the link for the converter.

I am using this motion control software.

thanks!

Karl