HELP: BB 0.4 Print Core - Ultimaker 3+ Extended

thomasbennett

Posted · HELP: BB 0.4 Print Core - Ultimaker 3+ Extended

Good morning Everyone, 

I am pretty sure I am doing something incorrectly but have yet to figure it out. 

The original print core BB 0.4 for this printer is jammed. I haven't had a problem until late last week. I am using Ultimaker PVA (https://ultimaker.com/en/products/materials/pva) with this print core. I have tried HOT and COLD pulls to clean / clear it out but it isn't helping. I can feel something gummed down there it won't pull / push out. I found a fresh BB 0.4 print core and was able to print one model; but again after the initial model print, the new print core was jammed. 

All of the settings are factory, the temperature levels haven't been changed.

The only major change that has been made is that the firmware on the Ultimaker was updated to correct a communication error message. 

Firmware version: 4.3.3.20180529

Any suggestions? By the way; Merry Christmas and a Safe New Year to all. 

Thank you,

Thomas

Posted · HELP: BB 0.4 Print Core - Ultimaker 3+ Extended

Hi Thomas

first of all, I guess your PVA is too wet, it should always stored in a dry box and after a longer print, you have to dry it additionally in an oven or on the heated build plate to get out all the moisture in the PVA itself. It is very sensitive. Do you hear sizzling noise during printing?

If it doesn't help to clean the clogged print core with cold/hot pulls, you can try if you can free the nozzle with a very thin needle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies