thomasbennett

HELP: BB 0.4 Print Core - Ultimaker 3+ Extended

Posted · HELP: BB 0.4 Print Core - Ultimaker 3+ Extended

Good morning Everyone, 

I am pretty sure I am doing something incorrectly but have yet to figure it out. 

The original print core BB 0.4 for this printer is jammed. I haven't had a problem until late last week. I am using Ultimaker PVA (https://ultimaker.com/en/products/materials/pva) with this print core. I have tried HOT and COLD pulls to clean / clear it out but it isn't helping. I can feel something gummed down there it won't pull / push out. I found a fresh BB 0.4 print core and was able to print one model; but again after the initial model print, the new print core was jammed. 

All of the settings are factory, the temperature levels haven't been changed.

The only major change that has been made is that the firmware on the Ultimaker was updated to correct a communication error message. 

Firmware version: 4.3.3.20180529

Any suggestions? By the way; Merry Christmas and a Safe New Year to all. 

Thank you,

Thomas

Posted · HELP: BB 0.4 Print Core - Ultimaker 3+ Extended

Hi Thomas

first of all, I guess your PVA is too wet, it should always stored in a dry box and after a longer print, you have to dry it additionally in an oven or on the heated build plate to get out all the moisture in the PVA itself. It is very sensitive. Do you hear sizzling noise during printing?

If it doesn't help to clean the clogged print core with cold/hot pulls, you can try if you can free the nozzle with a very thin needle.