Issues with Slicing (version 3.6)

EGropp

Posted · Issues with Slicing (version 3.6)

I am trying to print wing test part for the P-38 from 3DLabPrint.com.

When I slice with version 3.6, then look at the layer view shows all of the inner structure printing up to layer 172, then i get only the outer skin. The Solid view and x-ray views seem to be ok.

When i print, i get what is seen in the layer view, all of the inner structure goes away and I get only the shell.

Just to see what happens, i rotated the part 180 degrees to put the leading edge closer to the front (made no other changes) and re-sliced, now all of the internal structure has gone away.

Could this be a limitation of my laptop, or an application issue?

It would be nice if you could post some pictures of what the "inner structure" looks like and what it looks like in slice view (both good and bad).

Well it sounds like it isn't your cad model so it will be harder to fix but I'd try a repair service.

netfabb free repair service is here (you have to create a free acocunt first):
    https://service.netfabb.com/login.php

Also look at the things in the "mesh fixes" section of cura and try disabling all of those.  In particular make sure "union overlapping volumes" is disabled.

I am trying to print this test part https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1810679.. The Cura settings are included with this file.

I went back to the original version that they listed slicer settings for (version 2.3.1) and I am able to see the layers complete after i slice.

It appears that there may have been a few functional changes to the Cura versions, i tried to print the part that i sliced in version 2.3.1 and was able to get closer, but there are still issues (i think possibly with retraction and extra prime).

I would love to be able to slice and print this in Cura (the only thing i believe Cura does not do is a double wall on the first 3 layers).

i am uploading both versions of the sliced file that i have

I hope you see the same thing i do and may have a suggestion to get this sorted.

v36-_P38_wingR1.gcode

v2.3.1_P38_wingL1.gcode