Top layer : Printed lines over extruded

nivek70

Posted · Top layer : Printed lines over extruded

Hello everybody,

I currently try to adjust some profiles for my new Prusa i3 MK3 on Ultimaker Cura 3.6.

After two weeks test, I have really better results with Cura than with Slic3r-PE, but I have still little troubles and I can't find the solution him self, I need your help.

On the top layers, there are some printed lines over extruded which gives a bad appearance while the rest of the part is great.

This lines appear mainly on the last line printed before the end of print, or after a travel to begin a new part of the layer further on the surface.

I think this trouble less occur on plain surface where it's possible to print all at once (but not sure, I should test it).

Someone have an idea to reduce (or better, removed) this over extruded lines ?

Thank in advance for your support !

Note : it's not a scare that comes from travel ! I was this problem last week but I resolved it quickly with combing mode set to "not in skin".

IMG_4515.jpg

Posted · Top layer : Printed lines over extruded

Hi, are you sure that it isn't simply over-extruding because the extruder calibration is wrong? Also, as top skins are often printed slower than other parts of the print, it could be over-extruding because it's printing at a slower speed than you used when calibrating the extruder. For example, if you calibrated your extruder using a flow of, say, 5mm/S and then when printing the skin the flow was only, say 2mm/S, it would very likely over-extrude. Just a thought!