Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

loss of interior structure

Jorobadito

Posted · loss of interior structure

Hello everyone, I'm testing with this software, I was using another but I saw several means that this is better. However, a problem arises, and that is when the layer view turns out that the internal structures are lost.
You can help me solve this problem, thank you

cura 1.jpg

cura 3.jpg

cura 2.jpg

I was about to mention that the walls are probably too thin to print.  By default they need to be line_width*2.  But you can check "print thin walls" to print thinner walls.

However now I see your exray view had red.  LOTS OF RED.  That is not good.  It may be unrelated though.  I looks like the top of your object is double walled.  Also the bottom.  I don't understand how it could be red in xray mode and invisible in solid view mode.  Does it have a top or not?

Did you read my comment about thin walls?  Did you try "print thin walls"?

Try setting the line width to less than half the width of those walls.  So if the walls are 0.1mm try setting the line width to 0.03mm (even if you don't have a nozzle that small - just to see if the problem is that the walls are too thin).

If that doesn't fix it then I'd assume it's something to do with the red areas in xray mode.

I guess this is a 3dlabprint model, these stl are single line (no wall thickness) i found there are several cura settings that will prevent the iner structure from being sliced, mainly slicing tollerance that needs to be set at 'exclusive' and surface mode set as 'both' there are others also.

I have attached a cura 3.6 profile that i use to print these planes

hope it helps

wing-single wall.curaprofile

excellent, worked the first, many thanks.
    as a way to continue learning, between the lines of the thin walls, a fill can be made, I understand that fill fill gap

cura 6.jpg