Sub Objects and cura issue

cloakfiend

Posted · Sub Objects and cura issue

Hi,

Ive recently started to experiment with pattern printing but have noticed issues when importing large numbers of sub objects all attached as one (i.e. one object with 100 cubes rather than 100 cubes as objects), it appears to take much longer slicing but far faster exporting from 3dsmax, which is why I tried it. Has anyone else had this issue? Its as if cura just gives up after a certain number of attached objects and stop printing them.. weird.. I will run a script to separate all the objects as individual objects and give it another go..shame it was all going so well. I really need to start previewing cura as I experiment more and more.....

Also just wandering is there is an official poly limit?

thanks,

A single object has a poly limit that is in the ballpark of millions if it's an STL (because the implementation that we use to load STLs has that).

Without actually seeing the object, it's hard to say what is causing these issues. Could you share an example?

I think I had an issue with the printer not noticing the core was jammed up and I just assumed that cura had decided to refuse printing some areas, when in reality cura most likely was fine, I'm doing another go now with the sub objects version as opposed to the many object version.