Problems with "little hills" during initialisation

ramaker

Posted · Problems with "little hills" during initialisation

Hello,

I'm using an Ultimake 3 with Cura 4.0 Beta.

During the initialisation of an extruder(colour) the head ist mooving to one corner of the print bed and produces a "little hill" of plastic. Unfortunatelly the print head goes down or about 1 mm. So the platic can glue to the head and will be taken to the printing area - this causes a destruction of the first track of the object and very often I have to stopp printing.

I have 2 other printers -- there are different initialisation procedures. They are using their own slicer software.

I think these "little hills" are controled by CURA.

Is there a possibility to stopp the cration of these "little hills" ? It would be a good solution if the print head would not go down for 1mm rather goes up for 1 or 2 mm. Can I control this with CURA ?

Klaus

Posted · Problems with "little hills" during initialisation

Hi

you cannot control how this "hill" is printed, but you can turn it off completely. Look for a setting called "Prime Blob" (which is the "hill") and turn it off.

Usually, a prime blob works quite well, but you should also put some glue or whatever adhesion helper you use also to this corner that the blob also adheres well to the glass. I have it always enabled and have rare problems with it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 7 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies