Help Needed The Mark two Modification Power

Posted · Help Needed The Mark two Modification Power

Hi 

I have been trying to print the calibration code but the second head wont print the bondtechs slip,,, I decided to up the heat from 210 to to 220 and it worked BUT I think the temp display is all over when its target was 210 it was up to 218 and the led lights are flickering, if I leave it as per the code the second head wont print (clicking grinding from extruder) I have done an auto pid tune but it don't seem to help.. the first head is fine when it primes it runs freely when second head primes its not so free.....

Any help appreciated.....

There are so many things that can go wrong it's hard to list them all.

First and foremost seems to be temperature.  If the printer has been off for an hour do both temp sensors read the same thing?  If you heat up both at the same time do they both go roughly (very roughly) at the same speed?  If the second nozzle suddenly jumps by more than 3 degrees in less than 1 second then you have a bad temp sensor or a loose temp sensor wire.

If you heat both nozzles to 140C and put a drop of water on the nozzle does it boil at about the same ferocity?

Next - test the feeder - put the filament half way down the bowden, do "move material" to energize your bondtech and then pull down hard on the filament.  A bondtech can hold 15 to 20 pounds of force (10kg).  Even 10 pounds (5kg) is good enough for decent prints.

If temp passes and motor passes, next are extrusion issues...

GR5 

thank you for replying, I am running the code for the Mark 2 calibration,  Heater 1 no problems temp ramps up and over takes heater 2 at about 170 heater 2 is my problem,  material wont stick to bed basic stuff like that when I up the temp to 216 it sticks but the temp fluctuates I don't know what the printing temp should be with that code but temp swings from 206 (stable print) to 216 then drops,,, Im using the Matchles blocks I got from 3dsolex along with his 35 w heater,,, All new

I have done pid auto tune and I also went into the power budget and dropped extruder 1 down to 30w and uped extruder 2 to 40w to see if there was any change (answer no) temp 2 seems to wonder...

thanks