UM3 Feeder screw backend popped out

Posted · UM3 Feeder screw backend popped out

So I took off the feeder on my UM3 to clean the feeder out. When I was putting the feeder back in I must not of had the screw straight in because the little brass part that the screw goes into pushed out and fell into the machine behind the white plastic part that protects the feeder motor. I was able to remove the little brass insert piece, but I can't figure out how I could put it back in. It looks like I would have to remove the white plastic part that protects the motor, but there aren't any screws to remove it with (there are several videos that show how to remove it on the UM2, but not the UM3).

On the picture the red circle is the hole that the brass thing is missing from (it is installed from the back).  The green is the bottom one that still has the brass part in it. Any suggestions on what I can do?

screws.jpg

The motor cover is just held in place with tabs. Put your bed all the way at the bottom off the printer, and then pull on the top corner of the motor cover kind of diagonally. It may put up a bit of a fight; it's a tight fit.

Press the threaded inserts back into the correct position on the inside of the printer; if need be, you can screw the screw into it with it not quite seated and it will pull it through the rest of the way, and then you can take the screw out and screw your feeder back on.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

sorry that I pull out that kind of old thread, but I have the same problem as the original poster. But i somehow lost the brass fitting for the screw.

Is there any chance I can buy this brass screw fitting somewhere? Right now I am only able to use one extruder...

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately I have already spoken with my supplier, which is not able to provide me with this part here in Germany.

I did some research, according to the UM3 Bill of Materials, the missing part should be a "Threaded Insert Multisert 004M3" (Part No. 2867 B). 

I think i found the insert at the manufacturers page (see screenshot), but I only found b2b resellers in larger quantities. 

Do you know if there is a supplier (globally?), where I can buy the part from?

Screenshot_20201228-003316.png

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Hi @Horenz,

Have you seen this one, selling Tappex product in Germany here:

https://www.kvt-fastening.de/en/productsearch/?q=004M3

Thanks

Torgeir

Hi Torgei,

thanks for the help! Yes - i found this retailer. Unfortunately it is only B2B and the minimum order  quantity is 100 pieces!