darkglove

Connecting Ultimaker Original+ over USB

Posted · Connecting Ultimaker Original+ over USB

Can you actually do this?

I've had this unit for a few years now and can't remember if I ever connected over USB, but right now I can't

I just so happen to have a spare motherboard so have tried this with 2 motherboards, 2 USB cables, 2 PCs (both Windows 10) and 2 versions of Cura (3.5 and 3.6)

The boards show up in Device manager, I've deleted the driver and pointed to the Cura folder and it finds a driver but Cura never sees the printer.

I actually only want to do a firmware update so could go another route if it is possible?  but why can't I connect to them?!

Yes you can.

I can connect with my Win10 laptop, but typically I use an old version of Cura (15.04.6) because I like its bed leveling better than newer versions.  I was also able to update the firmware using that.

Gave up a while back but I really want to get this up and running again.

My PC running Windows 10 can see the board, it shows up as Arduino Mega 2560 under com ports

Cura just doesn't see it at all. Now rocking version 4.0.0

Can I upgrade the firmware via the Arduino IDE? Every search I have tried brings me back to the "use Cura" instructions.