Prime tower is drivin me crazy

Letzing

Posted · Prime tower is drivin me crazy

Hey Guys,

as you can see if i want to print with dual extrusion/single nozzle the primetower is a total joke.

I mean whats the sense of that single red skirt line if there is no other red in the bottom layers.

And why is there so much red in the tower ? He should print the first red layer on that tower at level 13 or something. Surely all the prints are wasted...

I love Cura for alot of reasons. One is that the prime tower stops if its not needet anymore. But however i adjust the mass of material it will just gimme more red lines.

Can anyone out there help me please with that ? 

endschicht.png

groß.png

nah.png

Posted (edited) · Prime tower is drivin me crazy

I asked a similar question recently, I guess that's because the red one is your first nozzle. 

If you also using 3.6 then this is the trade-off made to make sure the prime tower stable.

I guess Cura developer consider most people are using the second extruder for support, therefore different material. So Cura will generate a tower with a shell that always printed by the first nozzle even if there is no this color in this layer. In this case, I think it makes sense, but it sacrificed cases that we print different color of the same material.

I have started using Cura since 3.6, but I heard the old one that has a different implementation of this. But it has another problem.

Unfortunate the developers consider dual color minor and providing an option to toggle the old and new will make them maintain two variants of the implementations. And that is something they choose not to.

Edited by alexjx

• 4 weeks later...

I see but I don't see any solution. I'm wrong? 

Just found this thread I was told Cura was the best for Dual material printing until I used version 4-4 and found this problem what a pitty they decided on this route.