aubij

S5 Build Volume?

Posted · S5 Build Volume?

Hi All,

I have a print that fits within the S5 specified build volume of 330 x 240 x 300mm. When I hit "Prepare" it says unable to slice/model doesn't fit build volume. In Cura 3.6.0 the model is 320.6 x 232.6 x 14.7mm and fits within the wire frame "build volume". It does not fit within the shaded border on the gridded view of the build glass in Cura. Is there a setting to make this model work? Is the specified build volume correct?

Thanks,

John

When you use both print cores then the build volume is smaller. So if this is a single extruder print you can try to disable the extruder 2, to get a bigger build volume. The shaded border will get smaller.

You can disable the extruder in Cura menu -> Settings -> Extruder 2 -> Disable Extruder

Thanks Smithy. I just tried, but the shaded area did not change and I get the same error messages. I'm on a MAC also, not sure if that matters.

There are also several other features which reduce the print space, like brim, prime tower etc. 

Check if you have bed adhesion enabled and if so turn it off, if still not possible to slice turn off the skirt too.