1/6 Tiger Tank Turret

ytwjianzhu

Posted · 1/6 Tiger Tank Turret

Hello all,

I want to share a recent project I made with S5. 

It has been half year since I got this machine, and I'm in general pretty happy with it. Although it does not reach to the smoothness and resolution to the SLA printer I have at home, but It's big and stable, had never given me any surprises. I especially like the material detect function because the way I have my spool placed can easily get stuck, and this feature saves my print every time. 

So the project is a 1/6 scale Tiger Tank turret, printed in 0.2 layer PLA. the veins are too visible so I sprayed with a filling primer and took a few rounds of sanding. The result was better but you can still see some veins in the photos, guess I should sand it a few more times? If anyone has some tips of removing all veins please share and thank you.

The small moveable parts on the cap are all printed with S5, easy quick prints and can stand the movement.

Tracks were printed using S5, got really messy on the back support side but not really visible so I did not even bother sanding it.

The hatch was printed using SLA because I don't think my S5 would do good on this kind of job requires details on both sides? I found FDM printing always leave a mess on support side with detailed geometry.

The head of the commander was printed with SLA printer.

Paint was done later with airbrush, and the commander is a 1/6 action figure produced years ago by Dragon

E580901577F68818B7ADF95778F97309.png

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-14.jpg

Untitled-15.jpg

Untitled-16.jpg

Untitled-17.jpg

Untitled-18.jpg

Untitled-19.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...