Mark 2 - missing stepper motor connection?

Posted · Mark 2 - missing stepper motor connection?

Hi

After printing and installing everything, I came to a hold: my Ultimaker 2+ mainboard does not have a E2 connection for the additional stepper motor. (See picture)

Am I the only one with that issue?

Is there a solution to that?

help would be highly appreciated 

thanks 

mranton

Picture main board

Posted · Mark 2 - missing stepper motor connection?

Oh well, it's in the first paragraph of the first installation step... between the disclaimer and the overview...

that means: you're not the only one, but you may be the only one that has not read it... 😏:

https://magnetic-tool-changer.com/step-1-getting-the-parts.html

It adds up to a need for a new main board, two options are mentioned in the article.

If you have possibilities for SMD soldering you could perhaps source the missing parts and solder it in place by yourself - but i don't know if someone has already done this with success?