Squares in custom g-code box

boogieman

Posted · Squares in custom g-code box

I almost spent two days now figuring this out, but i don't know how to fix it.
The problem is i see squares instead of text in the custom g-code box. I run Cura 3.6 under ubuntu 16.4 with xfce window manager. 
If i start cura with admin rights i can see the text just fine.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_2019-02-19_23-30-08.thumb.png.e30512f3d223abca6e58b07a5a933747.png

oh, wow. I've never seen it do that before (which is one of those things you never want to hear from any engineer I guess).

Could you share your logs? I don't think there is going to be anything in there that is usefull in there, but it's worth a shot.

here they are. The cura.log is just a copy of both stderr and stdout, i guess.

What i forget to mention is that i tried to see the file accesses of both the user and root program run. But i couldnt find something promising with lsof so far.
    I also tried strace which didn't work because it makes cura freeze. But i'm not experienced with strace so i don't know if you could give some valuable information. 

stdout.log

cura(shortened).log

Well, that shows that my memory is rubish.

Finally, its solved! Thanks guys. This has shown the way and has lead me to 
    http://perlstalker.vuser.org/blog/2011/12/19/setting-default-monospace-font-xfce/

My Problem was somehow in the $HOME/.fonts folder. There were some monospace fonts (.ttf and .otf) of some older Powerline installation. I just got rid of the folder and now the squares in the GCode section are gone!
    Powerline seems to work as before.

🙂

This solved the problem:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/2452#issuecomment-613903842

Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon
    Same problem, sudo apt purge fonts-powerline fixes the problem.