Mixing extruder Cura setting temperature wrong

WillemBataillie

Posted · Mixing extruder Cura setting temperature wrong

I'm trying to set up a profile in cura for a dual extruder with a mixing hotend. I've set up the extruder as single nozzle in marlin and the premade testprints from the printer's company work fine.

In my start gcode I'm setting up the mixing tools with M163 and M164 and selecting them with the T[x] function (in this case T0 and T1).

In cura I've also enabled a prime tower. So in theory when switching colors it should do this; 

T0
;go to prime tower
;start printing this color
T1
;go to prime tower
;print other color
repeatedly

My problem is that for some reason when cura selects the new tool, it only does it after the prime tower, aswell as setting the hotend temperature to 0 when selecting T1

I've checked my settings and there is not a single one that would indicate it setting the temperature to 0. 

Anyone who knows what's wrong and would like to push me into the right direction?

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies